Video Hosting and Streaming Solution — Panopto
CUIT offers Panopto as a video hosting and streaming solution for teaching purposes at Columbia. It supports recording and live streaming of classes and other events and can be integrated with CourseWorks/Canvas and other services through LTI integration. Panopto is particularly useful for flipped classroom, lecture capture/review, and online programs. It runs on standard web browsers and also on Android and iOS mobile devices.
- Full media hosting functionality
- Screen capture recording
- Deep search capabilities
- Viewing analytics
- Unlimited storage space
- Remote recording and management of lecture capture equipment
- Mobile access (Android and iOS)
- Single sign-on integration
- Canvas integration
- Ability to control sharing and publication rights of media
- Note taking
- Live streaming
- There is no charge to use Panopto for instructional purposes
- Usage fees may be applied for excessive content viewing
- Non-instructional pricing begins at $500 for 5,000 viewing hours
- Usage is calculated based on total streaming traffic (uploading or viewing content).
- Additional viewing hours can be purchased as needed (e.g. $500 per 5,000 viewing hours)
Yes. Open a service ticket by sending an email request to [email protected]. Include details about your intended viewing audience, such as whether they have Columbia UNIs. If not, describe your situation, explaining why an audience outside of your course would need to view course video content.
Instructors: Open a service ticket by sending an email request to [email protected]. Include the full course number, and any details about when video content was uploaded, and/or the last time you saw it and accessed it successfully.
Students: Open a service ticket by sending an email request to [email protected]. Include the full course number, and any details about the last time you saw the video content and accessed it successfully.